Engage integrates seamlessly with SalesForce and requires only minimal updates to your Salesforce organization's configuration. The basic setup is to configure a "Connected App" in Salesforce and then we use OAuth as a Salesforce user to connect your Salesforce org to Engage, so that Engage can use the Salesforce REST API.
Your Accounts and/or Opportunities in Salesforce can be linked to ProteusEngage Workspaces. Here are some of the capabilities:
- Your rep users can login to Engage using SSO with Salesforce as the identity provider (or any other SAML identity provider)
- Users in Salesforce can choose to create a Workspace when viewing an Account (or Opportunity) in Salesforce or can access a previously created and linked Workspace. If you are using Lightning Experience, then a ProteusEngage custom Lightning Web Component can be added to your Account (or Opportunity pages). Salesforce Classic users can also add or access Engage Workspaces, using a custom action configured in your Salesforce.
- Engage can automatically create new Workspaces for new Accounts and/or Opportunities if configured to do so
- Contacts are pulled into the Engage Workspace automatically. The contacts status in the Workspace can either be managed on a case by case basis, or controlled programmatically via Salesforce business logic using a custom formula field in Salesforce
- When contacts invite other contacts to the Engage Workspace, it is possible for Engage to add these new contacts to Salesforce.
- Your Opportunity Stages can be linked to Workspace Statuses. Optionally, when the Workspace status is updated Engage can update the Opportunity's Stage automatically.
- Data stored in your Accounts or Opportunities in Salesforce is accessible for display within Engage - for example when a rep users is viewing a Workspace in the admin area they can see fields from an Opportunity linked to the Workspace. Salesforce information can also be integrated into modules on the Workspace's module feed.
- The Engage trigger system is able to respond to events when data is updated in Salesforce (including custom objects unique to your Salesforce organization). For example, Engage trigger system can monitor a custom field on an Account or Opportunity that references a rep user, and when the field is set to a new user, the user gets added as rep automatically within the Workspace. Of course, many other actions supported by the trigger system are possible such as publishing modules, creating tasks, sending emails, updating the Workspace status, etc.
- Activity that occurs in Engage can be added as activity in Salesforce
Want to learn more? Here are some additional Knowledge Center articles.