Your Bio in Engage is a place where you can build and control the content of your own bio.
In this article, learn how to update your Bio with the step-by-step guide below.
To update your profile information do the following:
- Click on the person icon on the top right hand side of the screen
- Then click on My Profile in the dropdown menu
- Click on Bio tab
- Click Edit on each Bio content section to edit ( * )
- Check "Enable sharing on workspaces" checkbox to make your Bio available for selection on a workspace
( * ) Bio Contents
In most cases, your Bio has four different content sections.
- Bio: Includes email, phone number, photo, and text regarding the user. This section is meant to highlight some background about the user using text. Examples: your role in the company, educational background, what you like to do in their spare time, etc.
- Quote: Includes the author, title, and quote of a particular phrase that you feel best reflects you, the company, or simply a quote you enjoy (it could even be your own quote).
- Hobbies: Includes a question and answer. This section is to highlight and share two fun facts about you (personal or professional).
- Photos: Includes spots for 4 photos. This section gives a visual to your life. Examples: family photos, dream destinations, pets, favorite sports teams, etc.
Each Bio content section is indicated with an Edit pencil icon. You can click on the Edit pencil icon to edit each section. However, your Bio can have more or less than four content sections as it is specified and designed for your specific company.
Things to keep in mind
- Your Bio can be shared on a workspace via the "Team Member Bio" module. Your Bio can be added to a workspace automatically (via trigger actions) or manually (by opening the Add Module dialog, adding the "Team Member Bio" module, and selecting your name).
- The "Team Member Bio" module is designed to keep your bio up-to-date on any workspaces. This means that any changes to your bio in My Profile will also update your Bio on any workspaces where your "Team Member Bio" module exists.
- The "Enable sharing on workspaces" checkbox on the My Profile - Bio tab is unchecked by default so that if you are not yet populated your Bio content, your Bio will not be added to a workspace accidentally.
The Bio module is designed to display the up-to-date bio of a user on a workspace. This means any changes to an individual bio will also update the module on any workspace where the Team Member Bio module exists.
Only that user can access their own bio. If you choose to have an admin populate content for these bios (instead of the individual user). Your content manager can create these content pieces inside the Asset Library. Then either Proteus or your users can go into their bio and simply pull the content pieces from the asset library into the module.
Each user's bio page comes with a check box. When this check box is checked, that user's bio will be listed as an option within the "Team Member Bio" module.
The check box will be unchecked by default. So if a user has not yet populated their bio content, your team will not be able to add that user's bio to the Team Member Bio module.
Questions? Please click the "HELP?" button in the upper right corner of your Engage screen or contact support.