There are many occasions when content will be shared first in a private conversation with only a few contacts, due to privacy concerns, financial information, or just to get a first look at something before introducing it to the whole team. When information is shared in a conversation that eventually can be shared with everyone else, you or your contact can automatically copy the module to the main workspace through using the copy button. (See highlighted below.) This way, (as an example) if a leader wants to share the final contract with everyone after the details have been decided, they can do so easily. And, also, if you or your team member wants to move something from a conversation to the full workspace, they can do so with just a push of a button.
The copy button will publish the same module onto the main workspace, but it will not copy any comments that are attached to the module in the conversation. The primary rep on the account will be notified that the content has been copied (if they were not the one who copied it), but no other notifications will be sent, so the individual who copies it must add a comment or send a separate email to let others know that it has been published. They will also have the ability to delete the module after they have placed it, even if they are external contacts.
To copy a module from a conversation to the main workspace:
- Go into the conversation with the content you want to share to the main feed.
- In the top right hand corner of the module you want to share, look for the copy icon. It will appear like two sheets of paper.
(If a user is on the edit view side of the workspace, they will see the copy icon in the drop down from the three dots on the right hand corner of the module as shown below)
- Click the copy button and a pop up will appear asking if you want to copy this content to the main workspace, click ok.
- You will then get a message that confirms that you content has been placed on the main workspace.
- Click Ok and then click back into the main workspace to verify your content has been added.
NOTE: This will not send notifications to contacts that a new module has been published. If the person copying wishes to notify others, they can write a comment on the module and send it to participants, or they can send an email separately. The module will be published and will be live on the workspace as soon as it is copied.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Client Success Manager or email email@example.com. Thanks!